From: Matt Connell <matt@×××××××.tech>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google-chrome-103.0.5060 - choose password for new keyring
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 18:07:45
1 On Fri, 2022-07-08 at 11:26 -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > - if I enter password for the keyring, how to change it in the future.
3
4 The aforementioned seahorse will allow you to manage this. I'm certain
5 there's a CLI way to access it.
6
7 > - do I need to keep that password, will I be ask to use the password
8
9 You'll be asked for this password whenever some application tries to
10 read protected secrets from the keyring, eg. Chrome, in this case.
11
12 I believe pam can be configured to allow gnome-keyring to authenticate
13 against your X(FCE) session login, but I've never bothered to set this
14 up.
15
16 > - which application application are using this keyring?
17
18 Lots of things can hook into the keyring optionally. I mentioned a
19 few. Chrome, Chromium, Brave, dBeaver, nheko, Evolution.