From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 15:43:46
Hi,

after the update and installation of gentoo-sources-4.14.7 my two machines no longer switch to SDDM on
VT7, it stays on VT1. However, I can switch manually using CTRL-ALT-7 to SDDM and login as usual. If I boot
with the last stable kernel 4.12.12 anything is back to normal and the login screen of SDDM appears directly
while the rest of the modules is loaded in background.

Both machines have older Radeon chips (REDWOOD and CEDAR) and I managed to load also their firmware
with the new kernel 4.14.7, but there's still no automatic switch to VT7 anymore.

I found nothing obvious in /var/log/messages, dmesg or Xorg.0.log. What may cause this weird behavior?

Cheers,
Jörg