From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 15:43:46
1 Hi,
2
3 after the update and installation of gentoo-sources-4.14.7 my two machines no longer switch to SDDM on
4 VT7, it stays on VT1. However, I can switch manually using CTRL-ALT-7 to SDDM and login as usual. If I boot
5 with the last stable kernel 4.12.12 anything is back to normal and the login screen of SDDM appears directly
6 while the rest of the modules is loaded in background.
7
8 Both machines have older Radeon chips (REDWOOD and CEDAR) and I managed to load also their firmware
9 with the new kernel 4.14.7, but there's still no automatic switch to VT7 anymore.
10
11 I found nothing obvious in /var/log/messages, dmesg or Xorg.0.log. What may cause this weird behavior?
12
13 Cheers,
14 Jörg