From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 17:56:03
1 antlists wrote:
2 > On 25/11/2020 15:13, Dale wrote:
3 >> I can't think of a reason not to use labels, at the very least, in most
4 >> situations.  The only one I can think of, a laptop that has only one
5 >> hard drive.  Sort of hard to install two hard drives on a laptop.  A
6 >> external one can be done but never seen one with two spots for internal
7 >> hard drives.  Do they make those???
8 >
9 > I'm writing this on one of those right now ...
10 >
11 > Windows on the first drive, and SUSE and gentoo on the second, except
12 > I can't get SUSE to realise I want the boot files on the first drive,
13 > so of course EFI can't find it to boot it.
14 >
15 > (SUSE would put the boot files in the right place if I did an "expert
16 > partition" jobbie, but I don't want to do that seeing as I've never
17 > played with EFI before.)
18 >
19 > Cheers,
20 > Wol
25 First I've heard of a laptop having space for two hard drives.  I need
26 to make a note of that.  Now one has reason to use labels on laptops
27 too.  o_O
28
29 Dale
30