From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dolphin problems...
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:39:53
1 Hi all,
2 I'm running an up to date KDE machine. In the last couple of weeks when
3 I fire up Dolphin to browse the file system I get some weird behaviour.
4
5 When the app first displays, I have "Places" on the LHS, the file
6 system in the tree on the RHS and a shell across the bottom, in other
7 words, nothing customised, basically "straight out of the box". The
8 weird behaviour is that when the app first displays, if I click on any
9 of the "Places" nothing happens. Normally there is a light "highlight",
10 I'm using a theme that is dark in colour, that follows the mouse over
11 the "Places" and a click on a "Place" will jump the tree view, and
12 shell, to that part of the file system. Currently that does not happen.
13 If I use the cursor keys I get movement in the tree view. I also just
14 noticed that if I click in the shell it does not get focus as well.
15
16 The interesting thing is that if I shrink/minimise the main window of
17 Dolphin, it is back working as expected, the "highlight" follows the
18 "Places" as I move the mouse over them, the shell can get focus if I
19 click in it. Maximisings the window still has it working as expected.
20 It's as though when the app first starts up, things are not getting
21 mouse focus info and the shrinking/maximising then sets the focus correctly.
22
23 Has anyone seen this behaviour before? As I said at the start this is a
24 recent "feature" previously things were working as expected.
25
26 Any thoughts?
27
28 Andrew