From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is grub2 stable and who uses it?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:33:19
1 On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:11:00 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > The thing is that GRUB2 needs to understand several filesystems to
4 > > grab the kernel image from. It also wants to be able to use a more
5 > > interesting resolution than 640x480. This means that it has to
6 > > reimplement all the code for any filesystem, and all the code for
7 > > video handling.
8 >
9 > Personally, I can't agree with this stance from the grub2 devs.
10 >
11 > It's a bootloader. It is visible for 3 seconds at boot time.
12
13 I'd agree with you there, but I suppose the glossy distros want a glossy
14 boot screen.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable