From: David Corbin <gentoo.org@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python blockage problem.
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:24:36
1 On Saturday 02 August 2008 05:54:35 pm Qian Qiao wrote:
2 > On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 9:14 PM, David Corbin <gentoo.org@××××××××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > python-updater says it is blocked by an old version of python. Yet I
5 > > have an up-to-date version of python installed. This is keeping me from
6 > > upgrading. Any help appreciated.
7 > >
8 > > [snip]
9 >
10 > Please search the list for previous discussions of this.
13 I found such a thread, and I've been done what they said, except for removing
14 the old one.
15
16 I tried this:
17 [root@bass /home/dcorbin]# emerge -C =dev-lang/python-2.3.6-r2
18
19 --- Couldn't find '=dev-lang/python-2.3.6-r2' to unmerge.
20
21 >>> No packages selected for removal by unmerge
22
23 But as you can see, it can't unmerge it. It only complains about it blocking
24 things :)
25
26 > -- Joe
31 David Corbin