From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to control 'configure' options for slrn?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 02:22:11
1 On 2021-09-26, Ionen Wolkens <ionen@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Almost all ebuilds using ./configure support reading EXTRA_ECONF to
4 > pass additional arguments (done automatically through econf wrapper).
5
6 Yep, that works for the slrn ebuild.
9 > e.g. EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-inews" could be added through package.env[1]
10
11 If I need to keep that flag, that's what I'll do.
12
13 > [...]
14 >
15 > If you think it's an important option (haven't checked what it's
16 > about), could also fill a bug to get it added / supported for
17 > the long term.
18
19 Not only is NNTP getting pretty obscure and obsolete. Needing an NNTP
20 client to use inews instead of NNTP for posting, is even more obscure
21 and obsolete. I think EXTRA_ECONF is plenty good enough unless
22 somebody is aware of any other gentoo packages that could take
23 advantage of an "inews" USE flag...
26 Grant