From: Heping He <mockingbird.tiger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installation / grub boot problem
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:03:33
1 I rebuilt the kernel and double checked to get these modules (raid1, raid5,
2 device mapper) linked into kernel, all to no avail. Any ideas?
3
4 --HH
5
6 On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7
8 > On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:09:13 -0400, Heping He wrote:
9 >
10 > > When I reboot, the kernel issued a panic msg: it says can't
11 > > read /dev/md/3 or (hd2,0) is invalid device.
12 >
13 > Did you build all the LVM and device mapper stuff into the kernel, not as
14 > modules?
17 > --
18 > Neil Bothwick
19 >
20 > The mechanic said I had blown a seal. I said, `Just fix the damn thing and
21 > leave my private life out of it, OK?'
22 >