From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Experiences with Flatpak?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 19:41:24
1 On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 1:17 PM Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 25/01/2019 20:48, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > > But, flatpak isn't in the standard portage tree, so you have to use an
5 > > overlay or local repo.
6 > >
7 > > This is beginning to look like a lot of work.
8 > >
9 > > Is it practical to use flatpak apps on Gentoo?
10 >
11 > I was using it for a while. Not anymore.
12 >
13 > It does exactly what it says on the box. However, GUI applications
14 > installed in flatpak will completely ignore your desktop settings.
15 > flatpak comes with its own gtk/qt/gnome/kde libraries and its own
16 > completely separate settings for the desktop environment.
17 >
18 > This is why I'm not using it anymore. GUI apps look like ass.
21 That's weird; they look fine for me [1,2]. As yo say, they have different
22 configurations (every application runs in an individual container), but the
23 both look normal.
24
25 Regards.
26