From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to nail the order of modules loaded
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 18:55:04
1 On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2
3 > In this case it is eth1 which doesn't work if tulip is loaded before
4 > de4x5.
5
6 As previously requested,please try to be a bit more specific than
7 "doesn't work".
8
9 > I also do not think that building the modules in the kernel
10 > gives me any control over the order in which they are discovered.
11
12 It does if you build one into the kernel. But this is a kludge, depending
13 on the meaning of "doesn't work", either a udev rule or module options
14 should handle this cleanly.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 How do a fool and his money GET together?