From: Neal McConachie <McConachieNeal@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: adesklets
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:20:40
1 Mick said the following:
2 > I seem to have that font alright:
3 > ======================================
4 > $ slocate VeraBd
5 > /usr/lib/openoffice/share/fonts/truetype/VeraBd.ttf
6 > /usr/share/fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera/VeraBd.ttf
7 > ======================================
8 >
9 > Not sure why it fails then.
12 Hmm, I'm not sure either - the last thing I can think of checking (but
13 that you probably already have done) is to make sure you have an entry
14 in your xorg.conf for that font directory.
15
16 specifically:
17
18 /etc/X11/xorg.conf
19
20 Section "Files"
21 ...
22 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera"
23 ...
24
25 other than that, I'm out of ideas, I think.
26
27 hmm, maybe some settings in the /etc/fonts directory?
28
29 Sorry, my bit of knowledge seems to have run out... but if you figure it
30 out, please do let us know what did the trick, so I'll be able to learn
31 too ;-)
32
33 Good luck :)
34 -nkm