From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] What to use for a Intel Xeon processor (IA64 or AMD64) ?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:57:53
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: qfpvajdy [mailto:qfpvajdy@×××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 24 April 2007 10:42
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] What to use for a Intel Xeon processor (IA64 or
6 > AMD64) ?
7 >
8 > I'm a little confused.
9 > I just bought a Intel Xeon 64 Bits processors and now I'm
10 > confused what to install? Should I install the Gentoo IA64 or
11 > AMD64 version?
12 > I know that Intel Xeon processors have EM64T support, which
13 > means normally full compatibility to AMD64?
14 >
15 > Does somebody knows what would be better?
16
17 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA64
18
19 IA64 is Itanium CPUs I think - you should go with amd64.
20
21 Cheers
24 djn
25
26 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list