From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 15:50:47
1 On 10/06/2014 02:35 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 10/5/2014 11:01 AM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I'd be interested to know what KDE negatives you've
4 >> experienced/heard in the past though.
5 >
6 > Bloat, buggy/unstable ever since the move from KDE3 to KDE4 (and never
7 > really gotten any better over time), etc...
8 >
9 > But of course there are always haters too... I'm sure it isn't as bad as
10 > the loudest complainers make it sound...
14 There were definitely issues in KDE 4 early days but there have been
15 substantial improvements since then. Regarding bloat/performance, this
16 biggest complaints seem to be about nepomuk/baloo. We provide the
17 semantic-desktop USE flag to provide the option of disabling this
18 feature wherever it's possible.