From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to allow user to mount USB enclosure
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:42:39
1 On Monday 20 November 2006 17:25, Stephen Liu wrote:
2
3 > Hi folks,
6 > I have a HD mounted on USB enclosure. Please advise how to allow
7 > user=satimis to mount the USB enclosure (USB drive). Tks
8
9 man mount and look for the "user" or "users" option. If you want only
10 that user to mount the devices, look at the "owner" and the "group"
11 options.
12
13 > FS on /dev/sda1 msdos
14 > FS on /dev/sda2 ext3
15 > FS on gentoo ext3
16 >
17 > Can I copy directories/files on /dev/sda1? It is running on msdos fs.
18
19 Of course you can, but you'll lose ext3 extended features (long file
20 names, permissions, etc.).
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list