From: Jens Reinemuth <jens@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Selecting a Linux compatible mobo for FX8350
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:51:28
1 Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 10:07:42 schrieb Nilesh Govindrajan:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm searching for a mobo which is fully compatible with Linux and
5 > supports AMD FX 8350.
6 > Preferably, I'm looking for one with onboard GFX, since I don't have
7 > any need for a big GFX for now.
8 >
9 > Any pointers?
10
11 Hi Nilesh...
12
13 i just recently upgraded to an AMD8350-Bundle with the Gigabyte 78LMT-
14 USB3 Mainboard... There were 16GB of RAM included in the bundle, not the
15 highend-type, but as i simply wanted to have enough ressources to develop
16 and do other things in backgroud, that one perfectly meets my requirements.
17
18 There is some AMD-Chipset onboard, but as i had an older NVidia Card, im
19 using this currently, without any problems.
20
21 I really don't think there should ba any issues with mainboards that are
22 "incompatible" to linux... USB3 works, SATA works, ... What else should work?
23
24 regards,
25
26 Jens