From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I want my Ctrl+Alt+Backspace back
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:04:43
1 I've seen on this group some time back a few ways, or at least more
2 than 1 as I recall to retain the ability to leave X with
3 Ctrl+Alt_+BKSPC.
4
5 I'm not finding it now readily.
6
7 Can someone tell me where that setting may be made.
8
9 If it has something to do with new way of starting X where we don't
10 need an xorg.conf file... I should say that I still use
11 /etc/X11/xorg.conf (In case that makes a difference)
12
13 I find trying to leave X with the `logout' menu item provided on the
14 Xfce4 destop, that if X has been running a while is seems to take a
15 very long time to get out of X that way, and possibly not only long
16 but even ever, short of:
17
18 kill -TERM `ps wwaux|awk '/X.*\-nolisten tc[p]/{print $2}'`
19
20 Or killing the pid some other way.
21
22 The Ctrl+alt+bkspc was a much nicer fallback.