From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] grub2 upgrade not working
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 02:06:34
9 Here is the section I try to run on my grub.conf
10
11 root (hd0,0)
12 kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3 dolvm
13 initrd /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-3.10.17-gentoo
14
15 I used genkernel to create the initramfs using the options: --lvm
16 --disklabel --firmware --no-ramdisk-modules. The system booted using the
17 old grub legacy.
18
19 I would be also interested in information on how to completely wipe out
20 grub2 from my system and go back to grub legacy.
21
22 Thank you for your help.
25 Valmor