From: Mats Persson <matpe@×××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xterm fonts not loaded
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:01:34
1 Paul Hartman skrev:
2 > On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Paul Hartman
3 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Valmor de Almeida
5 >> <val.gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> Hello,
7 >>>
8 >>> After an update to xorg-1.5.3 (with hal), following the gentoo xorg 1.5
9 >>> update guide doc, I get warnings when launching a simple xterm. Also
10 >>> when trying to change the font size (ctrl+left_mouse_button) I get
11 >>> additional warnings and no font change. Do I need to emerge font packages?
12 >> Maybe re-emerge the fonts that you have installed.
13 >
14 > And specifically make sure that media-fonts/font-misc-misc is not
15 > having problems.
18 I had the same problem with fonts in xterm. I had the errors:
19 Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
20 xterm: cannot load font 7x14
21
22 The solution for me was to emerge the media-fonts/font-misc-misc package.
23
24 It seems that xorg-server-1.5.3 doesn't depend on this, unlike older
25 xorg-server versions. The fonts dependencies has moved to the newer
26 x11-base/xorg-x11-7.4 package.
27
28 /Mats Persson