From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udevd boot messages
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 12:50:33
1 On Saturday 26 May 2012 10:37:38 Markos Chandras wrote:
2
3 > Portage *never* installs anything in /usr/local.
4
5 Indeed so.
6
7 > My best bet is that you have been experimenting back in 2007 and
8 > probably copied the original file in /usr/local. Remove it and then
9 > emerge elogviewer again ;)
10
11 As I said before, I've already done that - twice or three times now. I
12 get the same result. Something is apparently causing bash to seek the
13 file in /usr/local/bin/ instead of in /usr/bin/ .
14
15 [OT]
16 I have a more pressing problem now - someone has hacked into a
17 supposedly protected part of my website, so I must find what's failed and
18 fix it, or else find another package. No sleep for the wicked...
19 [/OT]
22 Rgds
23 Peter