From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] spontaneous reboots.. what to look for
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 00:58:00
1 On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:42:44 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > 2) checking how hot the cpu is getting (Doesn't appear to be a
4 > problem) But now running a cron job recording temperatures every 10
5 > minutes. So that may turn up something.
6
7 You could also check disk temperatures with app-admin/hddtemp. I've had
8 random crashes due to an overheating drive before. I'd also run smartctl
9 (emerge smartmontools) over the drive, just to be sure.
10
11 memtest is a must, bad RAM can easily cause crashes, and take Volker's
12 advice on PSUs.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 What if there were no hypothetical situations?