From: App Des <app4des@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bittorent black box
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:02:19
1 +1 for deluge, being for server (with web interface, the ajax interface is
2 great) or just for desktop. The pre-made gentoo daemon for deluge is also
3 very well made so you will have less job to do to get it working.
4
5 I first tried rtorrent but I think this software has many bugs. Even though
6 I adjusted the global_max_downloads, rtorrent kept downloading unlimited
7 torrents simultaneously which is unacceptable. also rtorrent for a strange
8 reason stops downloading/uploading after some weeks in my case, this has
9 never happened with deluge to me, and the same session is running for 1
10 month now non-stop.
11
12 Also I think rtorrent needs a better ncurses interface. It is a pain
13 changing config parameters live, and generally working on it without
14 plugging in a web interface. Even console versions of transmission and
15 deluge are better than rtorrent.
16
17 In the old times that I used Azureus it was rock stable, I am happy to see
18 someone still using it. I want to try the new vuze some time.
19
20 When transmission adds option for max simultaneous downloads/uploads , it
21 will be worth checking out as well, right now it is so incomplete.
22