From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mounting /dev from udev ... [oops]
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 17:52:29
1 Hi group,
2
3 Got the above error on first reboot of fresh system.
4
5 Only link to this particular error in google is from a
6 German site which I can't read.
7
8 (none)/# dmesg|tail reveals
9
10 <...>
11 VFS: Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly
12 Freeing unused kernel memory: 128k freed
13 NET: Registered protocol family 1
14
15 This is a very basic system. Only device is a 3Com
16 card requiring the 3c59x module which is in
17 /etc/modules.autoload.d/*6. The card works OK. From
18 the troubleshoot console I was able to set it up
19 manually. And my /etc/conf.d/net file consists of one
20 line:
21
22 config_eth0=( "192.168.0.3/24" )
23
24 Using 2.6.12-r6 kernel on Pentium III.
25
26 FWIW.
27
28 hmmm, just noticed I can't use ctl-alt-del. Does
29 nothing.
30
31 #reboot and #shutdown result in:
32
33 /dev/initctl: No such file or directory
34 init: /dev/initctl: No such file or directory
35
36 Is this because I'm in the troubleshoot console,
37 (none)/# ?
38
39 -mw
44 TV dinner still cooling?
45 Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.
46 http://tv.yahoo.com/
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list