From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 22:44:03
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
> Neil Bothwick wrote: >> zgrep DEVTMP /proc/config.gz > > > Ooops, it sort of snipped a bit much.  lol   Here you go: > > root@fireball / # zgrep DEVTMP /proc/config.gz > # CONFIG_DEVTMPFS is not set > root@fireball / # > > Looks like a nope to me.  ;-)
That was the reason for asking for your /usr/src/linux/.config file. The udev ebuild ask for: CONFIG_CHECK="~BLK_DEV_BSG ~DEVTMPFS ~HOTPLUG ~INOTIFY_USER ~NET ~PROC_FS ~SIGNALFD ~SYSFS ~!IDE ~!SYSFS_DEPRECATED ~!SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2" The dracut ebuild ask for: CONFIG_CHECK="~BLK_DEV_INITRD ~DEVTMPFS ~MODULES" So please check that you have all those options (and don't have the ones with !), recompile your kernel, and reboot. Also, the divergence between /boot/kernel... and (hd0,0)/kernel... in your grub could be causing funny things. Check that also. Regards. -- Canek Peláez Valdés Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México