From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XML-Parser missing -- is it bad perl?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:06:33
1 maxim wexler schreef:
2 > Another says emerge libxml-perl. Another says rebuild
3 > perl.
4 >
5 > While I'm off attempting the former will someone
6 > please explain how to do the latter?
9 eix perl-cleaner
10 * app-admin/perl-cleaner
11 Available versions: 1.01
12 Installed: 1.01
13 Homepage: http://dev.gentoo.org/~mcummings/
17 perl-cleaner --help
18 Usage: /usr/bin/perl-cleaner [options] [ask]
19 modules - rebuild perl modules for old installs of perl
20 allmodules - rebuild perl modules for any install of perl
21 libperl - rebuild anything linked against libperl
22 ph-clean - clean out old ph files from a previous perl
23 phupdate - update existing ph files, useful after an upgrade to system
24 parts like the kernel
25 phall - clean out old ph files and run phupdate
26 all - rebuild modules, libperl linkages, clean ph files, and rebuild them
27 reallyall - rebuild modules for any install of perl, libperl linkages,
28 clean ph files, and rebuild them
29
30 ask - ask for confirmation on each emerge
31
32 That's one way. Perl-cleaner can also be found in
33 /usr/portage/dev-lang/perl/files.
34
35 I find it odd that re-emerging XML-Parser didn't work for you; it always
36 did for me (although I haven't encountered this error recently,
37 certainly not with Firefox... and I do compile it), and I have surely
38 had this ...annoying.. issue with XML::Parser often enough to say that.
41 HTH,
42 Holly
43 --
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list