From: Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] alsamixer
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 00:50:42
1 I don't really know why sound is working on my machine rn.
2
3 I think there is some kind of embedded USB bus AMD thingy that generates
4 some digital stream that is simply played by a set of DACs on my mobo.
5 The chipset listed in the motherboard manual seems irrelevant.
6
7 The capacitor in my speakers is dying again, I bought these speakers
8 back in 2006 and have hardly ever turned them off since. So they don't
9 have much gain anymore, So I need some boost from the card....
10
11 Because I need to change a setting, alsamixer just dies when I try to
12 configure it. When I try to select USB audio, the thing instantly
13 crashes to desktop.
14
15 atg@tortoise ~ $ alsamixer
16 cannot load mixer controls: Broken pipe
17 atg@tortoise ~ $
18
19 B L E H ! ! ! !
22 The vaccine is a LIE.