From: Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] alsamixer
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 00:50:42
I don't really know why sound is working on my machine rn.

I think there is some kind of embedded USB bus AMD thingy that generates
some digital stream that is simply played by a set of DACs on my mobo.
The chipset listed in the motherboard manual seems irrelevant.

The capacitor in my speakers is dying again, I bought these speakers
back in 2006 and have hardly ever turned them off since. So they don't
have much gain anymore, So I need some boost from the card....

Because I need to change a setting, alsamixer just dies when I try to
configure it. When I try to select USB audio, the thing instantly
crashes to desktop.

atg@tortoise ~ $ alsamixer
cannot load mixer controls: Broken pipe
atg@tortoise ~ $