From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 2005 CD and lshw
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:35:40
1 Hello,
2
3 I wanted to use a Gentoo installation CD to be able to boot
4 up any pc and run lshw & lspci to get a quick view
5 of the hardware on the machine. lspci is on the 2005.0
6 instllation CD but, lshw is not. I have not check 2005.1.
7
8 Is their a guide or 'howto' to add things to the 2005.x cd
9 so that one could customize the tools available at boot
10 time, or add additional software(tools)? Any other diag
11 tools I should add to a custom boot cd?
12
13 Sure be nice to have a cd that boots and supports as much hardware
14 as possible, so when you see a bargan in computer hardware
15 used or new, you can boot and check it out more closely.
16
17 Diags such ad memtest are already present and of great value,
18 especially when testing older, used systems.
19
20 Ideas on adding lshw to the boot cd's are most appreciated?
21 It may be used where there is no Internet access, only
22 the boot cd.
23
24 James
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list