From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nbd ebuild incomplete? [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 19:02:42
1 On 12/5/19 12:33 AM, n952162 wrote:
2 > The emerge should have checked for this and failed.
3
4 I don't think it should fail. I've routinely seen emerge check for
5 various kernel / network / other parameters and issue warnings about
6 things not being the way that the ebuild wants. But the ebuild does
7 successfully emerge.
8
9 IMHO emerge / ebuild should not refuse to do what I tell it to do just
10 because it doesn't like my custom kernel. The lack of kernel support is
11 /my/ problem. The emerge / ebuild is capable of compiling perfectly
12 fine without the kernel support. Perhaps I'm compiling on a fast
13 machine that is running a different kernel and then copying the
14 utilities to another system that does have the kernel support.
19 Grant. . . .
20 unix || die
27 Grant. . . .
28 unix || die