From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Encrypted Backups
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:53:31
1 Florian Philipp <f.philipp <at> addcom.de> writes:
4 > I'm in need of a backup tool and an advice would be helpful because I
5 > need some special functionality.
6
7 > I want to make backups from my laptop to a cardreader (pcmcia), making
8 > daily full and hourly incremental backups *if the card is plugged in*
9 > (which might not be the case for as long as two days).
10
11 > Additionally I need some kind of encryption.
12
13 Hello Florian,
14
15 I do not have any suggestions (yet) but as of today, I've been thinking
16 about writing an application to process financial data, using some type
17 of robust encryption, where the (encrypted) data files are stored
18 onto a usb stick. The only time the app can run is when it detected the
19 encrypted usbstick is ready.... I do not want to even store the data on the
20 computer's HD.
23 Not exactly the same thing, but similar. I'll be curious to see
24 what ideas or existing solutions get posted to your question....
27 James
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list