From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:43:04
1 On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 09:37:26AM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2011-06-06 8:44 AM, Indi wrote:
3 > > You need to realize you're giving advice about the windows version of
4 > > thunderbird. IOW you can stop now!
5 >
6 > As I said, there is nothing indicating that userChrome.css hacks are not
7 > cross-platform. I really did think they were. Also, I *did* state in my
8 > initial post that I was on Windows...
11 Ah so you did, I apologize then for not paying close enough attention.
14 > Can anyone else confirm this non crosee-platform nature of the
15 > userChrome.css hacks?
18 The *only* info I can find on userChrome.css for tbird3 was on some
19 mozilla support url where it mentions that userChrome.css from v2
20 will not work in v3. It does not then go on to say what changes were
21 made, how to compensate, or offer even one more word about it!
22 I'm sure it's documented somewhere, but documentation is extremely
23 important, and the fact that tbird's is horribly lacking means
24 it gets "last resort" status. Remember, this isn't for me it's
25 for people who are quite helpless when things don't work as
26 advertised.
27
28 STFW reveals that many people used userChrome.css in tbird2
29 but apparently no-one knows how to make it work in tbird3.
32 klaatu virada nicto