From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Help tweaking an ebuild
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:31:33
1 On Sunday 12 July 2009 14:59:33 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I am not at all competent at modifying ebuilds. I am trying to emerge an
5 > ebuild locally for testing and I have two problems straight off the mark.
6 >
7 > a)How should I specify the URI for the source file if it is already copied
8 > into my /usr/portage/distfiles?
9
10 Just list it as usual. portage will see that it is already there and not re-
11 download it.
12
13 > b)Trying to create a manifest gives me errors:
15 > # ebuild rtmpdump-1.2.ebuild manifest
16 > /usr/local/portage/media-libs/rtmpdump/rtmpdump-1.2.ebuild: line 34:
17 > unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
18
19 You have an odd number of double quotes in that ebuild. Or, you are using
20 quotes literally and did not quote your quotes.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com