From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sans-dbus was: gnome intrusion?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 22:15:45
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Miroslav Rovis
3 > <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Ah, I almost forgot. Gentoo is as default (OpenRC) without dbus! Have a
6 >> look:
7 >>
8 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Comparison_of_init_systems
9 >>
10 >> There is no D-Bus under "Main dependencies" for OpenRC (I really like
11 >> OpenRC...)
12 >
13 > There's no reason that the fact that OpenRC doesn't depend on dbus
14 > should imply that something higher up the stack cannot depend on dbus!
17 I'd also comment that utilizing dbus and spawning random processes
18 that you don't understand are orthogonal issues. Dbus is just an IPC
19 mechanism.
22 Rich