From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Has MySQL become compulsory?
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 22:52:10
1 On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 23:51:05 +0200, Dave Jones wrote:
2
3 > How presumptuous of you to say so. Has the gentoo-user group become the
4 > resource of last-resort? Has gentoo-user become restricted, to be used
5 > only when all other avenues of exploration have been exhausted? If that
6 > is so, then shame on me, I must have missed that announcement too.
7
8 Do we now need announcements to tell people that they should search list
9 archives before posting a question if they do not regularly read list
10 content?
11
12 I suppose you're also in favour of McDonalds putting "Warning, contents
13 may be hot" notices of their coffee cups?
14
15 It seems to be increasingly unreasonable to expect a certain amount of
16 common sense and willingness to help oneself, even among Gentoo users.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I typed Format SER: and accidentally killed a telephone operator!