From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] installing systemd
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 01:27:17
1 (I brought an old system upto the state of my real one and am trying to
2 follow the wiki for converting to systemd).
3
4 I am upto the part where the wiki says
5
6 emerge --ask systemd
7
8 I believe the wiki left out unmerging or something since the emerge
9 gives conflicts (as expected).
10
11 What must I unmerge?
12
13 The emerge --ask systemd, specifically mentions a conflict with
14 consolekit, which it states is pulled in by polkit and pambase.
15
16 I tried adding these last three to package.mask hoping that the emerge
17 would propose uninstalling them while installing systemd, but that
18 didn't happen.
19
20 What is/are the step(s) I am missing.
21
22 thanks,
23 allan