From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Demise of Truecrypt - surprised I haven't seen t his discussed here yet?
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:22:46
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am 01.06.2014 14:31, schrieb Tanstaafl:
3 >> Wow, I've been mostly offline for a few days, and this morning when
4 >> playing catch up on the news, learned that Truecrypt, one of my all
5 >> time favorite apps, is no more.
6 >>
7 >> Some links of interest:
8 >>
9 >> https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2014/05/truecrypt_wtf.html
10 >>
11 >> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7812133
12 >>
13 >> http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/505372-truecrypt-is-dead?page=1
16 > well, if true: good riddance. But I suspect some hacker-y or power
17 > struggle.
21 I'm considering encrypting my home partition one of these days. Given
22 the things that have come out in recent months, back doors and such,
23 what is a good program/software/tool to use that is well . . . secure?
24 Is there such a thing now?
25
26 Dale
27
31 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!