From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need advice on changing terminal color scheme
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:04:47
1 On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 09:44:47AM -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I use my gnome-terminal a lot, and I have the background set to #000000
3 > with the foreground set to #FFFFFF . This works pretty well for me,
4 > except that the comments in config files and such show up in a dark blue
5 > that's very difficult to read against the black background. I'd like to
6 > change it to a lighter color on the dark background, but I don't even
7 > know what file that particular config line "comment color=" would be in,
8 > but I use vim as my text editor. Maybe in a ~/.vim* file, but which
9 > one?
10
11 If you're talking about the syntax highlighting in vim, you'll probably
12 want to do:
13
14 set bg=dark
15
16 Which will set the sytax coloring to *much* nicer colors for working on
17 black.
18
19 If you're talking the terminal colors for 'ls' and it's color, I'm not
20 sure.
21
22 HTH.
25 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
27 "Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers." -- Unknown