From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 net.eth1 net.eth2 persist in trying to come up even though not in any run level.
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 01:14:45
1 On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 10:42 +1000, Richard Watson wrote:
2 > Hi, I recently upgraded my system with emerge -uDN world. Afterwards I
3 > found that net.eth0 was grabbing my firewire port (ieee1394) and I
4 > needed to create net.eth2 for my NIC as net.eth1 was being assigned to
5 > my wireless. My problem is that although "rc-update show" indicates
6 > all my interfaces are NOT being loaded other than net.lo at boot
7 > (which is what I want) my system keeps trying to start net.eth0
8 > net.eth1 net.eth2 in the " default" run level. Can anybody help? It's
9 > very frustrating waiting for these interfaces to try and connect
10 > before timing out.
13 device initiated services! the topic came up recently. I hated it for
14 a while because it was starting bluetooth for me automatically!
15
16 there are a couple of things to tweak in /etc/conf.d/rc. Set
17 RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.*" and set RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="lo"
18
19 read the comments for more info!
20
21 HTH,
25 No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
26 -- Aesop
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list