From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting Gentoo from USB stick
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:58:19
1 On 09/22/10 17:02, Al wrote:
2 >> And for future reference, while looking into various things for this, I
3 >> found these in the Gentoo Wiki:
4 >> USB Portable Install - http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/USB_Portable_Install
5 >> Portable USB Gentoo - http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Portable_USB_Gentoo
6 >>
7 >> Unfortunately, both use genkernel instead of manually configured
8 > Fortunately you have improved that, now that you know how how it all works. :-)
9 >
10 > Al
11 >
12 Well, I've written a few Gentoo Wikis before (very basic things), but as
13 those two articles each say they're up for merging with each other. I'm
14 not sure how to do that, and I'm not sure what the proper way of editing
15 a wiki that someone else wrote in the first place.
16
17 Plus, I'm not done yet. I'm still running into problems. :-P
18
19 Jake Moe