From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] apache - virtual host not working
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 06:23:18
1 Any any body provide me with hint why my "virtual host" is not working in apache?
2
3 I've copied server config files from one computer to another.
4 I used "meld" to be sure most changes are accurate but when try to access virtual host:
5 I get:
6 Forbidden
7 You don't have permission to access / on this server.
8
9 I don't know where else to look.
10
11 In /etc/hosts I have:
12 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mydomain.ca syscon5
13 10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
14
15 If I comment out: #10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
16 I can access this domain.
17
18 in: modules.d/00_default_settings.conf
19 # We configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of features.
20 <Directory />
21 Options FollowSymLinks
22 AllowOverride None
23 Order deny,allow
24 Deny from all
25 </Directory>
26
27 # added below
28 <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
29 AllowOverride All
30 Order allow,deny
31 Allow from all
32 </Directory>
33
34 <FilesMatch "^\.ht">
35 Order allow,deny
36 Deny from all
37 </FilesMatch>
38
39 I don't know where else to look. I can not access virtual domain on port 80 nor on 443
40 The server is working perfectly on my other computer running the same version of apache. As stated earlier I've compare configuration file with meld so I'm
41 sure there are no mistakes.
44 Joseph