From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] basic group problem
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 21:09:22
1 On Tuesday 06 June 2006 15:17, Sven wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 03:04:33PM +0200, thibault jouannic wrote:
3 > > Well... No effect. Even when I open a new terminal, there is no
4 > > change. I also tried env-update and source /etc/profile, with no
5 > > result.
6 > >
7 > > thanks,
8 > > thibault.
9 >
10 > Opening a new terminal isn't enough. End your X session and log in
11 > again at your display manager, or, if you don't use one, log out on
12 > the virtual console, log in again and start x.
13
14 The full description is that the needs to start a new login session. A
15 new xterm is not a new login session. It also has nothing to do with
16 profile and bashrc. He wants this:
17
18 su - thibault
21 If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
22 how many people understand hex?
23
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
26 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list