From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cleanup_tmp_dir()
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:27:57
1 On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 17:47:40 +0100
2 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > how can I permanently and for all times and resistant against all kind
7 > of updates disable the function cleanup_tmp_dir() in
8 > /etc/init.d/bootmisc and similiar function, which automatically kill
9 > files???
12 In /etc/conf.d/bootmisc:
13
14 # List of /tmp directories we should clean up
15 clean_tmp_dirs="/tmp"
16
17 # Should we wipe the tmp paths completely or just selectively remove
18 known # locks / files / etc... ?
19 wipe_tmp="YES"
20
21 Set those variables to suit your needs.
24 But one must ask, why? The whole point of /tmp is a scratch pad temp
25 dir where files are not expected to survive past successive invocations
26 of the same program and are definitely not expected to survive a
27 reboot. If this is an issue for you, something is wrong with the code
28 you run and you should reconfigure that code to use something other
29 than /tmp.
30
31 To the best of my knowledge bootmisc only ever runs in the first
32 startup after a reboot.
36 Alan McKinnnon
37 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com