From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Looking for IMAP->IMAP spam filtering
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 00:01:48
1 On 2012-02-20, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm looking to set up something that reads messages from one IMAP
3 > server/mailbox, filters out the spam, and then writes the filtered
4 > messages into another IMAP server/mailbox. The source and destination
5 > servers may or may not be the same, and neither is the machine where
6 > the filter is running. I'd like the solution to use the IMAP IDLE
7 > command to avoid the latency and load of constantly setting up SSL
8 > connections and polling the source server.
9 >
10 > It looks like fetchmail -> procmail+spamassassin -> dovecot/deliver
11 > ought to do what I want.
12
13 Or not. It looks dovecot can't deliver to a mailbox on an IMAP server
14 after all.
15
16 > Is there something simpler and easier that I've overlooked?
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... bleakness
21 at ... desolation ... plastic
22 gmail.com forks ...