From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Disabling hidden file view in GNOME dialog boxes
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:28:22
1 Whenever I try to Open/Save in GNOME, it pulls up a dialog box that
2 lists hidden files as well as visible files. Those hidden files are
3 hidden for a reason, the reason being that I did not consciously create
4 them, so I should not have to wade through them in order to get to my
5 files. How can I disable them being displayed? I don't see them by
6 default in nautilus - just dialog boxes. Here's my info:
7
8 camille ~ # emerge -pv gnome
9
10 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
11
12 Calculating dependencies... done!
13 [ebuild R ] gnome-base/gnome-2.16.2 USE="cdr cups dvdr hal
14 -accessibility -ldap" 0 kB
15
16 Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
17
18 Please help!
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list