From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 3.1.6 and loss of sound
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:36:03
1 On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > Hello list,
7 > Today I upgraded my kernel from 3.0.6 to 3.1.6 and promptly lost sound. This
8 > motherboard has Intel HDA. All the required modules are loaded, and I hear a
9 > thud as they're loaded, but alsaconf can't find the device.
13 > I tried recompiling all the alsa drivers into the kernel instead of as
14 > modules but it made no difference.
18 > Has anyone a fix for this?
22 > --
23 >
24 > Rgds
25 >
26 > Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23
30 I just did a quick update on my wife's machine which also uses Intel
31 HDA and have sound in KDE so at least it's not a generic problem.
32
33 I guess you're going to need to provide some debug info. Maybe try a
34 complete power down and not just a warm boot. Not finding the device
35 at all is problematic. What's in lspci, etc.?
36
37 Post back with more info.
38
39 - Mark