From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remove prelink and purge prelinked exec
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:50:26
1 On Sunday 12 November 2006 21:40, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > I never trusted prelink. So, I dont trust it to un-prelink either.
3 >
4 > The best way to make sure your binaries are not altered by 3rd party tools
5 > is this:
6 >
7 > emerge -euD world
8
9 This is slightly amusing. Remerging every package while prelink is still
10 installed will use prelink again... Also --update and --deep are ignored
11 with --emptytree. Finally --unmerge of any prelinked package would fail the
12 checksum and the binaries would be left alone if prelink --undo didn't work.
13 But because portage does prelink --undo (which works) before checking the
14 checksum --unmerge works just fine...
17 Bo Andresen