From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this drive toast?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:23:22
1 On 25 Sep 2007, at 20:57, Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:
2 >>> ...
3 >>> MAxtor sucks in my opinion. Seagate will replace a warrantied drive
4 >>
5 >> And who owns Maxtor?...
6 >
7 > Microsoft Windows Sucks, but that doesn't mean Xbox sucks because
8 > they're owned by MS.
9
10 This isn't a great example. I have a customer with 3 dead Xbox 360s
11 which display 3 red lights. This is fundamentally caused by producing
12 cheap hardware with poor quality control on the research &
13 development process - it's a design fault that these units overheat.
14
15 Microsoft have now acknowledged this particular fault and will
16 replace units upto 3 years old if they're displaying this problem,
17 but they have only recently done so, and many customers were
18 previously disappointed that their 360s died outside of warranty. My
19 customer is fortunate that he held onto his & stacked them in a
20 corner - I have no doubt that many were binned and ended up in
21 landfill as they were considered beyond economic repair.
22
23 Stroller.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list