From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up: A reason *NOT* to have xorg.conf file
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 22:35:43
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 16:45:07 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Until I do
5 >> that, I won't know if I need a xorg file or just a couple files in
6 >> xorg.conf.d or something else. That also is not to mention that I have
7 >> no idea what needs to go into those new files at this time, if anything
8 >> is needed.
9 > The files in xorg.conf.d are just xorg.conf split up into manageable
10 > chunks. It's analogous to having /etc/portage/package.use as a file or a
11 > directory.
16 That helps. At least I know if I have a mouse problem, I can copy the
17 mouse section into its file and fix that. I sort of figured it would be
18 something like that but wasn't sure. Knowing helps.
19
20 One thing I would like to do, set up my monitor and TV properly. I'd
21 like my TV to work separate from my monitor. I'm pretty sure I can do
22 that with the video card I have. I use the DB15HD output for my
23 monitor and the HDMI for my TV. I read somewhere that the card can
24 drive each independently. In other words, one can have one picture and
25 the other something else. I'd like to have smplayer go to the TV and my
26 desktop be, well, what it is now.
27
28 Maybe one of these days I'll get around to working on this stuff. Right
29 now, I'm cutting trees, planting tree seeds, and planting garden stuff
30 and building beds for the garden. Not to mention, there's always a
31 friend needing something.
32
33 Thanks for the info.
34