From: Al <vanilla.source@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:04:25
1 I've got a Droid X with Verizon, here's what works for me:
2
3 With phone connected to computer via USB cable...
4 1. Open the "3G Mobile Hotspot" app.
5
6 2. Click on "Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.. should say "turning on mobile
7 hotspot" for a bit, displaying a green checked box when done.
8
9 3. Hit the back button (or whatever the Incredible uses to send the app
10 to the background).
11
12 4. Now if you drag down the status bar, there should be an entry for
13 tethering or hotspot active.
14
15 Click on this, and now you should have a new entry for USB tethering.
16 Check this option, and uncheck the Wi-Fi hotspot.
17
18 Now, on the computer, just run "ifconfig usb0 up", then "dhcpcd usb0",
19 and you should be in business.
20
21 usb0 will never come up for me until I do the above with the phone
22 connected.
23
24 Hope this helps,
25