From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cmake?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:24:38
1 On Thursday, 26 August 2021 10:49:38 BST tastytea wrote:
2
3 > You need to run cmake in the directory that has the top-level
4 > CMakeLists.txt. Use cmake -S . -B build from the top-level directory.
5 > This whill use . as source directory and build as build directory.
6 > You will need kde-frameworks/extra-cmake-modules.¹
7
8 Okay, I did that. It ran for much longer, and threw no errors, and once again
9 it ended with 'Build files have been written to: /usr/local/src/kdfm-code/src'.
10 Then:
11
12 wstn /usr/local/src/kdfm-code # cmake ./src
13 QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-
14 root'
15 QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-
16 root'
17 QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-
18 root'
19 -- Could not set up the appstream test. appstreamcli is missing.
20 [...]
21 -- Configuring done
22 [...]
23 -- Generating done
24 -- Build files have been written to: /usr/local/src/kdfm-code/src
25
26 Google hasn't helped with appstreamcli being missing.
27
28 Have the build files been written or not? What do I do with them?
29
30 > ¹ <https://sourceforge.net/p/kdfm/code/ci/master/tree/CMakeLists.txt#l8>
31
32 I don't see the relevance of that.
33
34 Sorry to be thick, but my coding days are >30 years behind me, and that
35 was in a different area entirely.
38 Regards,
39 Peter.