From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 04:11:07
1 Kurt Guenther wrote:
2
3 >Ted Ozolins wrote:
6 >>Have I missed something obvious?
11 >This is a really inane question, but you do have a dhcpd server on your
12 >network, right?
15 There is a working dhcp server working, checked and rechecked.
16
17 >Also, make sure you router is using wep and not wpa. If wpa, you need
18 >to use wpa_supplicant instead.
21 The router (D-Link DSL-604+) is set up for WEP
22
23 >I'd get it running without encryption first. When you get that
24 >working, you can play with the various encryption schemes.
25 >
26 >--Kurt
30 That was my next shot at it. I am begining to suspect the AP as the
31 culprit, I've setup all kinds of wired networks, this is my first shot
32 at wireless. I did quite a bit of rtfm'n before buying this wireless
33 card. From all info I've come acrossed this should "just work" .
34 I've noticed that when emerging madwifi-ng that several other modules
35 are built. Namely:
36
37 wlan, wlan_acl, wlan_ccmp, wlan_tkip, wlan_wep, wlan_xauth,
38 wlan_scan_sta, wlan_scan_ap and ath_rate_sample. Other than ath_pci and
39 wlan_scan_ap, do I have to load any of the others mentioned?
40
41 Cheers.
44 Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list