From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Windows 10 Pro 64bit in Virtualbox
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 22:25:50
1 On Saturday, 22 May 2021 22:14:28 BST Matthias Hanft wrote:
2 > thelma@×××××××××××.com schrieb:
3 > > Is anybody running Windows 10 Pro 64bit in Virtualbox?
4 >
5 > No problems so far - except that it's not very fast (which
6 > means "pretty slow"). I'm still investigating some speed
7 > improvements, but it seems to be a common problem with lots
8 > of hints (which, unfortunately, don't really help).
9 >
10 > -Matt
11
12 Win10 Home/Pro/Edu + VBox Guest Additions works fine.
13
14 Beware of Chrome which is notorious for slowing down MSWindows installations
15 by scanning for any other software installed on the system. Once you disable
16 this, MSWindows works as expected. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with Win7.
17 I would think it runs faster compared to Win10, on the same host.